With interest in plant-based food on the rise, school caterers, Aspens Services, put on a five-day vegan theme for students and staff to get involved with Veganuary last week.
Served alongside the daily offering on the world counter, there was also a tasty vegan main meal and dessert option available throughout the week.
Here’s what was on the menu…
• Pulled Pork Style Burger Stack with Roasted Piri Piri Veg
• Fruity Flapjack
• Hoisin Duck Style Wrap with Mango and Kale Salad and Russian Salad
• Banana and Oat cake
• Crushed Avocado and Roasted cherry Tomato Bagel with Sweet Potato Wedges
• Coconut and Date Muffin
• Meat Free Meatball with Pasta and Garlic and Herb Homemade Bread
• Sweet Potato Brownie
• Fishless Fish with Chunky Chips and Crushed peas
• Giant Oaty Cookies
The vegan dishes certainly sparked interest amongst the students and the catering team reported that the experience had given them the opportunity to learn some new cooking methods.
Thursday’s Vegan Menu