There are a number of websites available to both students and parents that can help provide information and advice.
- All About Careers: Career exploration, jobs and advice.
- Career Pilot: Designed to help 11 to 19-year-olds explore study and work pathways.
- Careersbox: A free careers resource showing hundreds of real people doing real jobs.
- icould: Features over 1000 videos of real people talking about their careers.
- National Careers Service: A government service that provides information, advice and guidance on learning, training and work.
- Prospects: Advice on jobs, courses and careers.
- Start: Job, apprenticeship and course information for 11 to 18-year-olds plus tools, including job suitability profiling and online records of achievement.
- Success at School: The place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
- Target Careers: Expert information and advice on the range of career possibilities available and the best routes into them.
- Parental Guidance: Information for parents to support your child's career decisions.
Experience & Skills
- Barclays LifeSkills: A free, curriculum-linked programme, to help improve the skills and employability of young people in the UK.
- Do It: National volunteering website.
- Student Ladder: Help students from 16-24 find work experience, apprenticeships, internships, industrial placements and full time roles.
- Discover Uni (previously Unistats): An official source of information about higher education.
- Opendays.com: The university and college open day directory.
- Informed Choices: A resource from the Russell Group that is aimed at pupils aged 14+ who are considering university and want information to help them choose the right subjects to study at sixth form or college.
- Studential: Examples of personal statements by subject plus in-depth information for students from GCSE to postgraduate study.
- The Complete University Guide: Independent UK university rankings, course information and expert advice for students.
- The Uni Guide (previously Which? University): A free and unbiased university advice service from the The Student Room, which is based on content that was originally hosted on Which? University.
- UCAS: Universities and colleges admissions service plus helpful information on study options, apprenticeships and careers
- AllAboutSchoolLeavers: Information on the different levels of apprenticeship as well as the latest school leaver job news and advice.
- Amazing Apprenticeships: Helps students navigate the fast-changing world of apprenticeships and vocational education.
- Find an Apprenticeship: The government's national apprenticeship finder.
- Get my First Job: A gateway to hundreds of apprenticeships that will help you kick start your career.
- Not Going to Uni: A website dedicated to apprenticeships, distance learning, foundation degrees, gap years, sponsored degrees, voluntary work, jobs, training and more.