We are an open access comprehensive school catering for children aged between 11 and 16. The maximum admission number for each September intake is 120 students.
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied:
Priority 1 – Children in Public Care
Priority will be given to children in public care, usually referred to as “Looked After Children” and children who were previously “Looked After”, as defined in the School Admissions Code.
Priority 2 – Children Living in the Catchment Area
Children living inside the catchment area will have next priority. If there are not enough places for all the children living in the catchment area, we will look at the following two criteria:
- Priority will be given to children living within the catchment area who will have an older sibling of compulsory school age (11-16) at the school on the day they are due to start there.
- After that, priority will be given to other children who live within the catchment area.
Priority 3 – Children Living Outside the Catchment Area
After that, any places that are left will be offered to children who live outside the catchment area. If there are not enough places for all of them, we will look at the following two criteria:
- Priority will be given to children living outside the catchment area who will have an older sibling of compulsory school age (11-16) at the school on the day they are due to start there.
- Secondly, priority will be given to children living outside the catchment area without an older sibling at the school, but who have attended a maintained primary school that lies within the secondary school’s catchment area, for more than a whole academic year immediately prior to transfer.
- After that, priority will be given to other children who live outside the catchment area.
For in-year admissions, please contact the office on 01746 762103, to make an appointment to visit the school. You will be given an indication of whether there are places available in the relevant year group.
Any applicant that fails to secure a place at Bridgnorth Endowed School has a right of appeal to an independent appeals panel. The deadline for review requests is Friday 15th March 2019. Further details can be found in the Parents' Guide to Education in Shropshire 2019/20.
As an academy, the school is its own admission authority, so please contact the school office to request the appropriate forms, which must be returned to: The Clerk to the Appeals Panel, Bridgnorth Endowed School, Northgate, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 4ER.