Our mission in PE is for our students to enjoy and understand the importance of being active, not only for their current health and happiness, but also well into the future.
We want our students to be physically, mentally, and socially prepared to face the challenges and experiences of life beyond school. Physical education is the most effective means of providing our students with the skills, attitudes, values, knowledge and understanding for lifelong participation in society.
Throughout their journey in PE, we aim for students to:
- Understand and appreciate a range of physical activities.
- Develop confidence and competence in a wide range of physical skills which will promote confidence and self-belief.
- Take part effectively on their own, with partners and in groups, in both competitive and cooperative situations.
- Experience different roles – performer, official, leader and spectator.
- Value the contribution of others, whatever their ability or social and cultural background.
- Appreciate the importance of honesty and fair play, abiding by the rules and codes of conduct in all activities.
- Value safety codes, learn to minimise risks, avoid danger and to learn how to react in emergency situations.
Five Year Course Plan
Click on the table below to open
Topics in Detail
For further information on the art curriculum, please email our Head of Creative Arts and PE, Mrs Rhodes, at