The Study Centre is a hub for information and private study. We have IT facilities and a large study area, accessible for use at any time of the school day.
Our modern, well-stocked library offers a range of resources including, fiction and non-fiction books, newspapers, journals, and careers information, as well as computer and web-based packages such as Britannica School.
The aim is to provide a quiet space for students to work on homework or coursework with the Study Centre Team on hand if extra help and support is needed.
Computers and printing facilities are also available for all students on a first come, first serve basis.
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8.30am – 4pm
Study Centre Contact
Eclipse Library Book Database
Here is what you can do with our Eclipse library management system:
- Keep track of which books you have borrowed and when they are due back
- Identify what books are in the library to help with specific subject areas
- Accurately locate books using a floor plan of the library
- Reserve books that are out on loan
- Find links to useful websites for further research
- Browse the Top 10 most borrowed books and reviews by other students
- See what's been returned recently and new additions to the library
- Discover the Book of the Week, News, What Next?
- Record which books/DVDs/CDs/websites you like in your ‘My Stuff’ space
- Access this facility anywhere, anytime with finger print recognition
- Homework Club 3.05–5pm from Monday to Thursday and 3.05–4pm on Fridays
- Scholastic Book Club for Y7 and Y8
- Library Induction Programme
- Library Assistants Training Scheme
- Check Library for Special Events