The Library and Resource Centre is a hub for information and private study. We have IT facilities and a large study area, available for use at any time of the school day.
Our modern, well-stocked library offers a range of resources including, fiction and non-fiction books, newspapers, journals, and careers information, as well as computer and web-based packages.
The library team works closely with teaching staff to make sure that the most relevant material is available to students, ensuring they are able access what they need for each individual subject.
We aim to provide a quiet, nurturing environment and encourage students to become independent researchers, not only to facilitate the learning process but also to enrich leisure time.
Monday to Friday 8.15am–4.00pm
After school homework sessions are available during the week from 3.05 to 5.00pm.
Library and Resource Centre Manager: Mrs J Peeler
Eclipse Library Book Database
Here is what you can do with our Eclipse library management system:
- Keep track of which books you have borrowed and when they are due back
- Identify what books are in the library to help with specific subject areas
- Accurately locate books using a floor plan of the library
- Reserve books that are out on loan
- Find links to useful websites for further research
- Browse the Top 10 most borrowed books and reviews by other students
- See what's been returned recently and new additions to the library
- Discover the Book of the Week, News, What Next?
- Record which books/DVDs/CDs/websites you like in your ‘My Stuff’ space
- Access this facility anywhere, anytime with finger print recognition
- Homework Club 3.05–5.00pm, Monday–Friday
- Scholastic Book Club for Y7 and Y8
- Library Induction Programme
- Library Assistants Training Scheme
- Check Library for Special Events